Adams Red Crabapple
- Size: 15’-20’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Broadly Rounded
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Requirements: Prefers loamy, well drained, moist, acidic soils. Can adapt to different soil types though.
- Appeal: Adams Red Crabapple tree will have abundant and beautiful pink to dark pink flower blooms around two inches wide in spring. After it flowers it will produce its signature crabapple fruits. The fruits are red small crabapples that mature during the fall months and can remain on the tree into winter. Fruits attract certain birds and wildlife. This is a densely branched tree which adds to its interest. The foliage will be green throughout spring and summer and change to orange red colors in the fall.