Magnolia liliiflora x stellata ‘Jane’
- Size: 10’-15’ Tall and 8’-12’ Wide
- Growth Habit: shrubby, rounded small tree
- Growth Rate: slow to moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soil types prefers well draining soil, does not tolerate wet feet.
- Appeal: Jane Magnolia is another hybrid cultivar that will flower later to reduce risk of spring frost damage. Flowers will bloom in spring before the foliage emerges. The flowers will be large, up to 8 inches in diameter, and have a white center with purple color on the outside petals. Jane Magnolia can be used as a specimen plant or to create an informal hedge. Its dark green foliage will turn yellow bronze shades during fall before losing its leaves for winter.