Dynamite Crape Myrtle
Lagerstroemia indica ‘Dynamite’
- Size: 10’-20’ Tall and 10’-15’ Wide
- Growth Habit: multi stem, rounded vase shape
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soils prefers well drained soil
- Appeal: Dynamite Crape Myrtle is an upright multi stem tree that has interesting peeling bark. Small red ruffled flower blooms in clusters in the spring. This is the only crape myrtle cultivar that has bright red flowers. Its green foliage will turn red and orange in the fall before dropping its leaves for winter. It is also drought resistant and deer resistant. A perfect specimen tree to add to the landscape.