Centennial Girl Holly
Ilex x aquipernyi ‘Centennial Girl’
- Size: 12’-15’ Tall and 5’-10’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Pyramidal, dense
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable; prefers moist, well drained, slightly acidic
- Appeal: The Centennial Girl Holly is an excellent evergreen holly that provides year round interest. Centennial Girl Holly is a female holly plant that has dark green matte foliage with spiny protrusions along its leaf margins. It will produce small white flowers around May which give way to its eye catching red berries by the fall season. Red berries mature during the fall and can last well into winter. It will produce more abundant berries if a male pollinator plant is nearby but it does not need a male present to produce its berries.