Black Dragon Japanese Cedar
Cryptomeria japonica ‘Black Dragon’
- Size: 7’-10’ Tall and 3’-4’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Pyramidal, irregular and dense
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Light Requirements: Full sun to Part shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable, prefers well drained soil
- Appeal: The Black Dragon Japanese Cedar has lighter green new growth in spring that will mature to a darker earthy green color by summer. The bark matures to longitudinal peeling strips like most Japanese Cedars. This evergreen tree has a compact growth habit with irregular branching patterns but overall pyramidal form.