Heart Throb Japanese Dogwood
Cornus kousa ‘Schmred’
- Size: 20’-25’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Rounded pyramidal
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Prefers moist, organically rich, acidic soils that has good drainage
- Appeal: The Heart Throb Dogwood produces lovely rosy pink flower bract blooms in late spring. It has a long flowering period which can last up to two months.The foliage will be green during spring and summer then change to red for fall color. It will produce red berry fruits in late summer into fall. Deer resistant and tolerates juglone.