Cherokee Princess Flowering Dogwood
Cornus florida ‘Cherokee Princess’
- Size: 15’-30’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: pyramidal rounded
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Sun
- Soil Requirements: Prefers moist, organically rich, acidic soils that has good drainage
- Appeal: The Cherokee Princess Flowering Dogwood flower bracts bloom in early spring with four large white petals. Its leaves will first emerge red then mature to green. The leaves will then fade to shades of red during the fall months giving nice fall color. It also produces red fruit berries by late summer or early fall providing an added interest and food for birds.