Van Den Akker Alaskan Cedar
Chamaecyparis nootkatensis ‘Van Den Akker’
- Size: 15’-25’ Tall and 1’-2’ Wide, possibly 4’ Wide with age
- Growth Habit: Extremely Narrow, upright leader with weeping branches
- Growth Rate: Slow to moderate
- Light Requirements: Full sun to Part shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soils, prefers slightly acidic well drained soil.
- Appeal: Evergreen native to the Northwest region and has an extreme weeping habit. The Van Den Akker Alaskan Cedar may be the narrowest form of Alaskan Cedars. There is usually only one upright leader trunk that will develop branches that hang sharply down and hug the main trunk. This is an excellent specimen tree for narrow spaces in the landscape.