Weeping Alaskan Cedar
Chamaecyparis nootkatensis ‘glauca pendula’
- Size: 25’-30’ Tall and 8’-12’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Narrow, weeping branches
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Light Requirements: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soils, prefers slightly acidic well drained soil.
- Appeal: The Weeping Alaskan Cedar is an evergreen conifer native to the northern west coast states. It has blue green foliage and grows in a narrow upright form with secondary branches emerging off the main trunk to hang straight downwards. These hanging branches give the Weeping Alaskan Cedar its dramatic appearance.