- Size: 20-30’ Tall 25-35’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Rounded shape
- Growth Rate: Moderate to fast
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soil types. Can grow well in dry, clay, acidic, or alkaline soils. Prefers well drained soil.
- Appeal: A native tree that has beautiful prolific pink flower blooms in early spring before the leaves come out. The Redbud has leaves that are slightly heart shaped. Its leaves start off red that change to green throughout the spring and will become yellow during the fall season before shedding its leaves for winter. Its irregular branching pattern adds to its architectural interest while still having an overall delicate appearance. The Redbud tree is also deer resistant and tolerates juglone (can plant under a walnut tree).