Skip Laurel or Schipka Cherry Laurel
Prunus laurocerasus ‘Schipkaensis’
- Size: 6’-10’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Upright shrub, spreading
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Light Requirements: Part Sun
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable
- Appeal: Schipka Cherry Laurel or simply Skip Laurel is a great evergreen shrub to use to form a hedge in your landscape. It is densely branched with broad evergreen leaves and prefers dappled light. Skip Laurel will produce white flower spikes in the spring that are fragrant. Very hardy Cherry Laurel. Birds like the black berry fruits that appear after flower blooms. Skip Laurel will quickly fill out to form a nice privacy screen or windbreak barrier.