Henry’s Garnet Virginia Sweetspire
Itea virginica ‘henrys garnet’
- Size:4-5’ Tall and 5-6’ Wide
- Growth Habit: rounded, arching branches, broad
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Part Shade to Full Sun
- Soil Requirements: average, well drained, can tolerate some wet
- Appeal: Henry’s Garnet Virginia Sweetspire is a low maintenance deciduous shrub. It will have nice red to purple fall color. It is also known for its white flower blooms around late spring. The flowers will be near five inches long and are arranged in drooping panicles all throughout the shrub. The arching branches of Henry’s Garnet Virginia Sweetspire provide nice architectural interest. It is also a native shrub.