- Size: 5-10’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Rounded, Broad
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to part sun
- Soil Requirements: Moist well drained soils
- Appeal: The Common or American Boxwood naturally grows in a large rounded shrubby form but can be pruned to shape if desired. Common Boxwood has small evergreen leaves. Evergreen foliage can bronze in harsh winters but will turn green again in spring. This is a low maintenance shrub but is more susceptible to boxwood blight, leaf minor, mites, and psyllids than other boxwood cultivars.