- Size: 2-4’ Tall and 1-2’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Upright, clumping
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full sun
- Soil Requirements: average, well drained, tolerates poor soil
- Appeal: Gayfeather is a tall perennial to add to your landscape where you want to add some height. It will have a few tall stems emerging at the base of the plant. Gayfeather will flower on top of its tall stems in summer, flowers arranged in a terminal spike. Flowers can be shades of pink, purple, white depending on the cultivar.