Sweet Bay Magnolia
- Size: 15’-25’ Tall and 15’-20’ Wide
- Growth Habit: upright spreading vase shape
- Growth Rate: Moderate to Fast
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soil types, can tolerate wet sites.
- Appeal: The Sweet Bay Magnolia produces large creamy white flowers up to three inches in diameter. It will flower in spring with around nine petals on each flower. It is different from other magnolias as it can thrive in wet soils. It’s dark green foliage will change to yellow or bronze colors during the fall before losing its leaves for winter. Red fruit attracts wildlife.