Dragon Lady Holly
Ilex x aquipernyi ‘Dragon Lady’
- Size: 10’-20’ Tall and 4’-6’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Pyramidal, narrow
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable; prefers moist, well drained, slightly acidic
- Appeal: The Dragon Lady Holly is an evergreen female cultivar that will stay fairly narrow with dense foliage. The foliage color is dark green with an almost deep blue tint. It will also having spiny protrusions on its leaf margins. It will produce its red berries in the fall and remain fruiting into the winter months. Dragon Lady Holly provides year round interest and is often used to create hedges or screens for privacy.