Purple Dragon Dead Nettle
Lamium maculatum ‘Purple Dragon’
- Size: 1’ tall and 1-2’ Wide
- Growth Habit: spreading, low, groundcover
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Light Requirements: Shade to part sun
- Soil Requirements: Moist but well drained soils
- Appeal: Purple Dragon Dead Nettle is a superb perennial to add to shaded areas in the landscape or shade container gardens. This perennial has variegated foliage that has a silver color with dark green border that adds nice color to shady areas. The silver foliage is eye catching an creates a nice spreading ground cover or trailing out of containers. It will also bloom with small purple flowers in the summer months.