Snowcone Japanese Snowbell
Styrax japonicus ‘Snowcone’
- Size: 20’-25’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Pyramidal , rounded crown with age, horizontal
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Light Requirements: Full sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: well drained
- Appeal: The Snowcone Japanese Snowbell has horizontal branching patterns with white colored hanging or drooping flowers that cover the branches in spring around May/June. This tree has a delicate appearance with graceful bell shaped flower blooms that make it a great ornamental tree to add to any landscape. It also has interesting bark that is gray to brown colored with splitting fissures in the bark that reveal an orange color inner bark. The Snowcone Japanese Snowbell will have a yellow fall color foliage.