Pyrus calleryana ‘Chanticleer’
- Size: 25’-35’ Tall and 15’-25’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Pyramidal to Oval
- Growth Rate: Moderate to fast
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soil types
- Appeal: The Chanticleer Pear has white flowers blooms heavily throughout the tree. Blooming in spring around April/May. The Chanticleer Pear has narrow slender habit that is usually more tall than wide making it a good choice for a space with limited width. Its dark green foliage will change to shades of yellow, orange, and reds during the fall before losing its leaves for winter. This is an ornamental pear tree prized for its flowers not pear fruit.