- Size: 6’-12’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Rounded crown
- Growth Rate: slow to moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Prefers loamy, well drained, moist, acidic soils. Can adapt to different soil types though.
- Appeal: The Sargent Crabapple tree is a smaller crabapple tree that has an alternate blooming pattern which means it will bloom heavily every other year. It has dense irregular branching patterns. The flowers are small and white and will bloom during the spring. The foliage will be green and turn to yellow throughout the fall season. The crabapple fruit will be small, pea sized red fruits.