Sioux Crape Myrtle
Lagerstroemia indica ‘Sioux’
- Size: 10’-15’ Tall and 10’-15’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Multi stem, rounded vase shape
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soils prefers well drained soil.
- Appeal: The Sioux Crape Myrtle is a more cold hardy cultivar that will have pink flower blooms in the spring after its leaves emerge. The flowers will bloom throughout the summer and possibly into fall. The foliage will turn shades of red and purple in the fall before falling off for winter. During winter you can still enjoy the Sioux Crape Myrtles interesting grey brown peeling bark. Drought resistant and deer resistant.