- Size: 20-25’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: vase shape to Rounded form
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Prefers moist, organically rich, acidic soils that has good drainage
- Appeal: The Kousa Dogwood has white flowers that have four pointed petal tips giving it a four pointed star shaped appearance that distinguished itself from the flowers of the Cornus Florida flowering species. Its flowers will bloom in early spring. The foliage will be green throughout spring and summer and turn to red hues during fall months before dropping its leaves for winter. The Kousa Dogwood produces red fruiting berries in summer as well that will remain on the tree into fall. These fruits are a good food source for birds. Deer resistant and tolerant to juglone.