Rosy Teacups Kousa Dogwood
Cornus Kousa x nutalli ‘Rosy Teacups’
- Size: 20’-25’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: Dense low branching rounded pyramidal
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Prefers moist, organically rich, acidic soils that has good drainage
- Appeal: Large rosy pink flower bract blooms emerge in late spring and remain on the tree for longer period than most other dogwood trees. It is a prolific bloomer that can have many overlapping flowers. The flowers can start off white and change to rosy pink and magenta colors during spring. Its leaves will remain green throughout spring and summer before changing to a lovely red fall color then drop its leaves come winter. It will also produce red fruiting berries late summer to fall. This is a disease resistant hybrid, deer resistant and tolerant to juglone.