Cherokee Brave Flowering Dogwood
Cornus florida ‘Cherokee Brave’
- Size: 20’-30’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: horizontal tiered branches
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: prefers well-drained but moist acidic soil
- Appeal: The Cherokee Brave Flowering Dogwood cultivar has pink flower bracts with four petals that fade to a white center. It flowers out in early spring. When the leaves first develop they are red tinted and eventually become green throughout spring and summer months and will turn a deep maroon/red color during the fall. It also provides red berries during winter for added interest and to attract birds. Native tree, deer resistant and tolerant to juglone.