Little Woody Redbud
Cercis canadensis ‘Little Woody’
- Size: 6’-10’ Tall and 8’-10’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Vase shaped, compact/dense
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable to different soil types. Can grow well in dry, clay, acidic, or alkaline soils. Prefers well drained soil.
- Appeal: Little Woody Redbud tree is a dwarf cultivar that has pink or lavender colored flower blooms in early spring before its foliage emerges. It has the slightly heart shaped leaves that will stay green throughout spring and summer then turn yellow during the fall season. Little Woody is an excellent specimen small tree to add to any landscape. Native, deer resistant, and will tolerate juglone too.