Twombly’s Red Sentinel Japanese Maple
Acer Palmatum ‘Red Sentinel’
- Size: 10-15’ Tall and 6-8’ Wide
- Growth Habit: Columnar, upright
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Light Requirements: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Requirements: Moist, slightly acidic, well-drained soils
- Appeal: Twombly’s Red Sentinel Japanese Maple is an upright columnar shaped cultivar. It had deep maroon to burgundy foliage color. Foliage emerges bright red then matures to burgundy then changes to bright red again in the fall. Loses leaves in winter. Its stems will turn bright red in winter adding seasonal color. A great tree to add to narrow spaces.