- Size: 10-15’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: dense branching, multi stem upright shrub
- Growth Rate: fast to moderate
- Light Requirements: Full sun to Part Shade
- Soil Requirements: average well drained soils, no wet feet
- Appeal: The California Privet is a great shrub to use to create a hedge. It takes pruning easily and grows quickly to form a densely branched hedge. This is a very durable plant that can thrive in most soil conditions. It has dark green foliage and will produce small white flowers in early summer. Privet is semi evergreen and can lose its leaves in harsh winters.