Hydrangea anomala petiolaris
- Size: 40’-60’ Tall and wide
- Growth Habit: Vigorous clinging vine
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Light Requirements: Full Sun to Full Shade
- Soil Requirements: Adaptable, well drained
- Appeal: The Climbing Hydrangea is a vigorous climbing vine that will produce white lace-cap hydrangea flower blooms in summer. It clings to walls, fences, and trellis by its aerial roots. Once established it will grow fast but can start off slow. Climbing Hydrangea has dark green foliage but is deciduous and will lose its leaves for winter. It provides shade during summer and lets light through during winter since its deciduous. Can handle shade but will produce more flowers in sun, deer resistant.