Epimedium grandiflorum ‘Lilafee’
- Size: 1-2’ Tall and 1-1.5’ Wide
- Growth Habit: low, ground cover, upright, clumping
- Growth Rate: slow to moderate
- Light Requirements: Part Shade to Full Shade
- Soil Requirements: Average well drained soils, prefers acidic over alkaline
- Appeal: Epimedium grandiflorum commonly known as Bishop’s Hat is a good choice for shady areas where you want to add some flowering ground cover. Foliage forms mound near the base and taller stems above produce small flowers that are pale pink to purple colors. Flowers bloom in spring and the foliage will change from green to red during the fall. This is a fairly drought tolerant plant once established.