Digitalis purpurea ‘Foxy’
- Size: 1’ Tall and Wide, 3’ Tall with flower bloom spike
- Growth Habit: rounded foliage tall flower spike
- Growth Rate: Fast to moderate
- Light Requirements: Shade to part sun
- Soil Requirements: Average well drained
- Appeal: Foxy Foxglove is a great hybrid foxglove that blooms in early to midsummer with extravagant flowers off tall spikes. Foxy Foxglove flower blooms come in a nice mixture of colors producing white, pinks, and magenta hues. The flowers are tubular shape forming a cup like structure. The flowers are also speckled with darker magenta colored spots that create an almost cheetah pattern on the inside petal of the tubular shaped flower which adds even more interest to this unique flowering plant. Foxy foxgloves tolerates some shade and is good at attracting bees and hummingbirds to the garden. Foxy Foxglove is a good choice to add some height and unique flowers to the perennial garden bed.