Astilbe x arendsii ‘Fanal’
- Size: 1’-2’ Tall and 1’ Wide
- Growth Habit: dense, rounded with flower spikes above
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Shade to part shade
- Soil Requirements: average, well drained
- Appeal: Fanal Astilbe has deep red to magenta colored flower blooms in mid spring to early summer that are held above its dense, green to bronze colored foliage. Fanal Astilbe flowers are arranged in feathery plumes atop the plant and are great for adding color to a shaded area in the landscape. Fanal Astilbe can be used as an accent plant or used in mass plantings to create a lovely shade border for a perennial garden bed.