- Size: 3’-4’ Tall and Wide
- Growth Habit: upright and dense, rounded with flower spikes throughout and above foliage
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Light Requirements: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Requirements: Average soil, tolerates drought
- Appeal: Blue False Indigo, also known as simply False Indigo, is a great shrub like perennial that has dense foliage and spikes of blue/indigo colored flower blooms in the spring. False Indigo flower blooms resemble those of the pea family flowers. This perennial may not bloom the first season it is planted though it will in seasons to come. Its flowers are held above the mound of foliage and produce black seed pods that add to its interest. False Indigo is also drought tolerant once established.